Date: March 23, 2017
Title: Celebrate the Anniversary of the ACA!
Be there or be square
Menu of Ideas for Events
- Block party!!
- Make it fun. Invite the business neighbors. Have people bring a hot pot with some good food, chips and salsa, cut a cake. Fly colorful balloons. Play music.
- Press Conference
- Coordinate a press conference with the health center CEOs, CMOs, and a few patients.
- Focus on the jobs created by the ACA, and the economic value it brought to the community.
- Have CEOs talk about the type of people they hired
- Have patients talk about care they got for the first time
- Have providers share how much easier their job was with the “resources” from the ACA
- Mini rally
- Create a space where people can gather and have signs
- Have a podium or bull horn where a few key individuals can speak
- Invite public health officials, social services, other key business partners you work with
- Select a few key leaders to lead the rally with 2-5 minute speeches that focus on the good things about the ACA
- Allow the space for others in the crowd to share their positive story
- Coordinate a march
- Coordinate a march with your community partners.
- Either all agree to meet in one location and walk .5 to 1 mile or start in different places and converge
- Carry signs and balloons so people know its fun and celebratory
- End the march with a few inspirational speeches- have a bull horn or podium available
- Health fair
- Coordinate a fair where the central elements of the ACA are called out
- Coverage (have O&E workers)
- Health Benefits (providers doing blood pressure, etc)
- Kids covered until 26 (Parents and kids)
- Pre-existing conditions (individuals who would have been excluded)
- Create an educational environment where patients and community members can also take away something be it a health screen or a way to stay actively involved
- Celebrate your staff and providers
- The ACA works because of your staff and providers. Honor them by hosting a party!
- Wine and cheese
- Pizza and soda
Signs for any occasion
- We Love the ACA
- ACA- It was a great 4 years!
- Keep building on the ACA!
- ACA made our community better!
- ACA = Good Health
- I’m with the ACA
- ACA saved my life
- ACA = Awesome
- I stand with the ACA
For media talking points on the value of health centers, please click here.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ben Avey at email@example.com.