Say NO to Repealing the ACA: Send Letters to your Members of Congress and Senators
Every health center is encouraged to submit a letter to your member of congress and our two Senators opposing the recent Republican ACA repeal legislation. The letter template can be found HERE. The sooner we can let them know that this legislation is not good for our patients, health centers and California, the sooner we can hope to stop this legislation.
Schedule a district visit with your legislator
Do you know when your Member of Congress or Senators will be back in the District? Here are the dates when many expect to be back home, though please makes sure to contact the office to make sure your Member of Congress will be in town on the dates listed below. Make sure to stay in contact with their office so you know when they are holding events, and try and schedule district visits or a clinic tour. Your local consortia are great partners for coordinating this work.
- House and Senate recess (April 8-21)
- House in district week of May 22 and May 29
- House and Senate recess (week of July 3)
- House and Senate adjourn on July 28 for entire month of August
- House in recess week of September 18
- Senate recess week of October 9
- House in district week of November 6 and 13
- House in district week of December 11
The following are a list of essential actions all health centers should take. Combined these actions let your members of congress know how the impacts of the policy conversations in Washington DC impact your health center and your patients.
- Write your member of congress
Below are fill-in-the blank template letters that once completed, should be sent to your Member of Congress, State Senator, and State Assemblymember that shows the health center value and importance in the local community. We have provided four different letters that have been tailored to Republican and Democratic leaders in Congress and the State Legislator. Please use the appropriate letter for your representative.
- Congress – Republican
- Congress – Democrat
- State Legislature – Republican
- State Legislature – Democrat
Invite your elected official for a tour
- Check out the health center tour template for tips on scheduling a great meeting.
- Reach out to your local consortia or Victor Christy for help: email@example.com
Share your patient and staff stories
- Your story is our story and we would love if you would share your story with us. Help us tell our elected leaders and decision makers what your health center means to you and how it has benefited your life. Whether you are a patient, staff member, or community supporter, we want to hear from you!
- You can e-mail your story to us here. If you need help getting started, we have created a simple tool with a few questions to help you out. If you need any help, please feel free to call or e-mail at any time.
- Go to NACHC’s P&I March 29 - April 1
SIGN UP to be a health center advocate
Stay abreast of weekly advocacy opportunities! Every week Health+ Advocates will send out a new opportunity for you to participate in.