The goal of National Health Center Week is to create public awareness of Health Center programs – the work you do – and how you do it. Whether or not your Health Center is hosting an event, you can still celebrate National Health Center Week by drawing attention to your health center through local media stories — on social media, print media, radio and on television.
Check out our California media templates and NACHC's templates below.
California Specific Media Templates
- NHCW Letter to the Editor - Elected officials
- NHCW Letter to the Editor - Children and Medicaid
- NHCW California Media Alert
- NHCW Blog or Opinion Editorial Version 1
- NHCW Blog or Opinion Editorial Version 2
California Title X Funding Talking Points
National Association of Community Health Centers
- Media templates
- Opinion Editorial for health centers partnering with American Cancer Society
- 2017 Resolutions and Proclamations
#ProtectMedicaid Social Media Campaign Toolkit
Did you know that 84% of Americans are more comfortable talking about issues on social media than in person?
CaliforniaHealth+ Adovcates is launching a social media campaign during NHCW17! We want to give health centers an opportunity to bring awareness to the successes of the Medicaid program and are excited to provide health centers with an online #ProtectMedicaid social media toolkit that can be used throughout NHCW activities to engage patient, health center staff, board members, and the community with California specific messaging on why protecting Medicaid is important.
We encourage health centers to utilize the toolkit on their social media channels and share NACHC’s #NHCW17 and #ValueCHCs hash tags and any other social media activity on CaliforniaHealth+ Advocates Facebook and Twitter page. The #ProtectMedicaid campaign can also be used to highlight unique programming at health centers and engage legislators on the federal, state, and local level to help raise awareness and support for the Health Center Program. Check back as we upload more resources that will be available in our social media toolkit
#Protect Medicaid Materials for Outreach
- Message boards to use during NHCW events - these boards can be printed on legal size paper or emailed to your local Kinko's and printed on foam boards.
-> To add in your logo, please email email@example.com
Talking Points and Infographic
California NHCW Social Media Promo Posts * updated on 8/8/17to include Funding Cliff posts
- Posts for promoting NHCW before August 13
- NHCW posts to be used between August 13-19
- Elected Officials Day
- Health Screenings Day
- Public Housing Health Center Day
- Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Consumer Board Member Day
- Children's Health Day
- Medicaid specific posts for Facebook and Twitter
Photos and Videos for Social Media
- The California Primary Care Association’s interns have been hard at work this summer creating four amazing videos for you to utilize all during National Health Center Week. Please visit our new YouTube channel to download the videos and share them to your social channels. Check out the videos below:
- Community Health Center Impact on Communities
- Urban Community Health Centers
- Community Health Centers in Rural Communities
- What are Community Health Clinics?
- Facebook filter photo - Advocates has requested a Facebook filter for the week of NHCW. Check back to see if Facebook approved our NHCW filter request. In the meantime, you can download a profile picture here